Captiva MDF doors warranty Interior Use Only
North Atlantic Corp (NAC), manufacturer of Captiva Doors, warrants to the original purchaser of a Captiva MDF Door that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years. The warranty period shall commence on the date of delivery. Should the product fail to conform to this warranty within the warranty period, NAC will, at its option, (i) repair the product, (ii) replace the product in its original state of purchase, or (iii) refund the price originally paid for the product.
Limitations and Exclusions: The following are not covered by the warranty.
1) Damage caused by failure to comply with the instructions in the Captiva Door Use & Care Guide
2) MDF is warranted for interior use only.
3) Any door that is over 42" in width and/or 96" in height.
4) Warp that does not exceed " in the plane of the door itself for doors not over 36" x 84". Warp that does not exceed 3/8" in the plane of the door itself for doors over 36" x 84". Note: Captiva may defer repairing or replacing the product for up to 12 months from the date of installation or claim, as the warp may prove temporary as the door adjusts to weather conditions. This deferral will not count against the warranty period.
5) Damage caused by anyone other than a NAC representative while attempting to repair the product.
6) Damage caused by improper installation.
7) Damage caused by trimming more than 1" total of the product.
8) Doors trimmed at the top, more than 1" at bottom, or more than " at each side.
9) Damage caused by nonalignment or bow in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung.
10) Variations in gloss level, texture, or appearance resulting from field finishing.
11) Panel shrinkage or expansion due to natural characteristics of wood movement.
12) Gaps in stile and rail joints of 1/16" or less.
13) Damage caused by failing to seal all six sides and hardware cutouts of the door. Doors must be sealed within 72 hours of fitting and/or hanging.
14) Damage caused by any cause beyond the control of Captiva, including, but not limited to, normal wear and tear, weathering, customer misuse/ abuse/neglect, or acts of nature.
15) Doors shipped out of the continental US.
16) Any costs or charges relating to the replacement of the product, including transportation, shipping, removal, finishing, and installation.
17) Damage caused by failure of glazing, if the manufacturer's warranty period for that glazing has expired.
Warranty claims must be submitted within 30 days of discovery of the believed issue. Claims must be submitted via email to email@example.com or in writing to Captiva Wood Doors Warranty Claims, 1255 Grand Army Hwy, Somerset, MA, 02726 and must include proof of purchase of product. Photos are requested with any submissions.
This warranty sets forth Captiva’s maximum liability for its products. No other warranty expressed or implied, with respect to its product is made. NAC’s liability is limited to the refund of the purchase price or repair or replacement of the defective product. This warranty is non-transferable.
Formal acceptance of this warranty is not required. By accepting delivery of the product, the customer is also accepting the terms and conditions of the Captiva MDF Doors limited warranty.
Captiva MDF Doors | page 38
Powered by FlippingBook